CD-Projekt is also known in the polish gamer community for being the first to publish fully translated international hit games, such as the Baldur's Gate saga (one of the first games fully translated into Polish, an event which became a milestone of computer gaming and publishing in Poland), Planescape: Torment (considered by many gamers as the best polish translation of all times), both Icewind Dale games and many more. A recent major translation, widely covered by the media, was Heroes of Might and Magic V. Most of CD-Projekt's game translations feature well known professional Polish actors and celebrities, such as Piotr Fronczewski, Bogusław Linda, Małgorzata Foremniak, Daniel Olbrychski and many others.
CD Project redEditCD Projekt RED is a Polish video game publisher and developer.
In February 2008, CD Projekt RED's parent company CD Projekt Sp. z o.o. acquired Metropolis Software development studio, which was subsequently merged with CD Projekt RED.
After the international success of The Witcher, CD Projekt changed its focus to game development. In 2008, CD Projekt group companies became part of a newly created holding company, CDP Investment Sp. z o.o. Soon thereafter, in what is known as reverse takeover, CDP Investment merged with Optimus S.A., a public company listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. In October 2011, CD Projekt RED Sp. z o.o. merged with CD Projekt RED S.A. and became the dominant part of the group.
- During February 2002, CD Projekt launched a new unit, CD Projekt RED Studio, which specializes in developing computer games. The first game in production is The Witcher, based on Andrzej Sapkowski's books. Also in 2002, CD projekt expanded to the Czech republic and Slovakia, where it began to distribute games in Czech transalation.
- On October 6, 2005 CD Projekt launched a platform called gram.pl (English: i'm playing.pl). It is a portal created for players looking to sell or buy new games. A life-time warranty is provided with new purchases.
- In February 2008, CD Projekt purchased the Metropolis Software development studio.
- On 10 July 2008, CD Projekt announced Good Old games (gog.com), a service for purchasing classic, DRM-free computer games online.
- The Witcher (2007)
- The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (2011)
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (2015)
- Cyberpunk 2077 (TBA)